Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cutting Random Bits Of Sound Out Of The Theatrical Release Of Your Film To Fight Piracy Is For Chumps!


I have enough trouble mustering up the energy to deal with all the shenanigans that go on at the movie theater these days. (See my previous post Being "That Annoying Jackass" In The Movie Theater Is For Chumps!) Now Paramount has seen fit to mount a new campaign to fight movie piracy in the theaters. I had heard rumors that this was happening but experienced it myself first hand. Last night, I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and noticed in more than one spot bits of the soundtrack had been cut. I guess this is a new form of tagging the film so that pirated copies can be traced back to an individual theater.

What the f*ck Paramount? I paid somewhere between $8.50 and $11 to see your mediocre movie. Don't punish me further for someone else's mistake. Why would you want to degrade my already taxing movie going experience? If I'm going to be forced to see a sub par version of the film I might as well wait and buy it from some guy selling burned copies out of the trunk of his Dodge Stratus or to download it from the intranet pirates you are so desperately trying to stop.

Now that I know that this new anti-piracy tactic is being used it will make me think even harder about whether dealing with all the movie theater bullshit is really worth it. Stop worrying so much about stopping movie piracy and start working to make your films better so people will actually want to go to the theater and see them.

Screw you Paramount and screw you movie theater chains that support this ridiculous anti-piracy tactic!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you hating on the Dodge Stratus?